Monday, February 21, 2011

Are we tools or tool users?

I have thought long and hard about this, and still find it hard to come up with a deifnite answer. One the one hand, everyone wants to think and believe that they, themselves are a "tool". That without our special selves, the job, the bigger picture wouldn't be complete. That as a "tool" we are the thing that will get the job done. And while I think it is nice to think of ourselves as "tools", I've started to think that we are tool users.

Being a tool user makes us no less of an individual, or any less important, but I think it is more logical. We are the vessel to so speak, and we have absorbed all of the "tools" around us. Everything we experience or encounter plays into the bigger picture. We use everything from vocabulary to basic equations and manners, that we have learned throughout our lives and we use them as "tools" in our everyday lives.

What we learn and absorb are the tools we use to function!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. I think we are both tools and tool users.

    ReplyDelete